Frequently Asked Questions about the Summer Teaching Institute Application and Review Process
- Who reviews the applications? Applications are reviewed by a committee of 8 Teaching Institute Committee members.
- Applications are reviewed using the rubric below. Taking into account the priority ranking and the rubric scores, committee consensus is used to arrive at a final participant list. Applications are reviewed using the rubric below and using the priority ranking committee consensus is used to arrive at a final participant list.
- Do you have to be a tenured or tenure track faculty to be selected? No, although priority is given to tenure and tenure track faculty, part time lecturers have been participants in past summer institutes.
Applicants were selected based on the following criteria:
- Need for professional development opportunity
- Expressed interest and motivation to engage in course revision based on current and emerging technology
- Ability and commitment to participate in all Summer Teaching Institute activities
- New Tenure track Faculty
- Tenure track faculty
- Part time faculty or Lecturer with 3 year contracts and FERP faculty
- Part time faculty or Lecturer without 3 year contracts but with contract to teach next semester
- Graduate students or auditors (may attend as a guest but not eligible for an iPad unless supported by external grant)
TI Applicants Evaluation Rubric