Summer Teaching Institute Theme: Course Redesign for a New Generation
THE APPLICATION PERIOD IS NOW CLOSED (MARCH 17, 5PM)
Who should come?
- Faculty interested improving student learning
- Instructors who want to redesign a specific course
- Faculty interested in piloting new technology
- Full-time and part-time Sacramento State University faculty
What are the benefits of attending?
- Participate in and practice research based teaching and learning strategies
- Learn about topics such as: Online and hybrid learning, electronic books, ,obile learning devices, high impact practices, effective writing assignments, learning assessment, and team based learning
- Receive instruction, mentoring and technical support in integrating emerging technology into your course
- Receive an iPad if you complete all Institute commitments
What are you committing to do?
- Redesign a course using effective teaching strategies
- Experiment with learning technology in your redesigned course
- Attend Summer Institute: May 27, 28, 29, and 30, 9 am – 3 pm
- Attend two follow up days:
- Workshop Day: Wednesday January 21, 2015 9am – 12 noon
- Showcase Day: Friday March 6, 2015 12:00 noon -1:30 pm
- Provide a poster illustrating your course redesign project
- Survey students in redesigned course and provide data to help us understand the impact of this institute on student learning.
How to Apply:
The application period is now closed for the 2014 Teaching Institute.