Summer Teaching Institute Theme: Course Redesign for a New Generation
The Center for Teaching and Learning has just received a grant from the Associated Students Inc. to fund two graduate student teaching assistants to attend this summer’s 2014 Teaching institute, May 27- May 30. The application guidelines, participation responsibilities, and selection rubric will be the same as those for faculty. Only two spots are available and the application period is very short., May 12-19, 2014. Please forward this to interested students in your courses and departments. We are hoping to take advantage of this last minute opportunity!
GRADUATE STUDENT APPLICATION PERIOD HAS BEGUN – NEW DEADLINE IS MONDAY MAY 19TH 2013
Who should come?
- Faculty interested improving student learning
- Instructors who want to redesign a specific course
- Faculty interested in piloting new technology
- Full-time and part-time Sacramento State University faculty
What are the benefits of attending?
- Participate in and practice research based teaching and learning strategies
- Learn about topics such as: Online and hybrid learning, electronic books, ,obile learning devices, high impact practices, effective writing assignments, learning assessment, and team based learning
- Receive instruction, mentoring and technical support in integrating emerging technology into your course
- Receive an iPad if you complete all Institute commitments
What are you committing to do?
- Redesign a course using effective teaching strategies
- Experiment with learning technology in your redesigned course
- Attend Summer Institute: May 27, 28, 29, and 30, 9 am – 3 pm
- Attend two follow up days:
- Workshop Day: Wednesday January 21, 2015 9am – 12 noon
- Showcase Day: Friday March 6, 2015 12:00 noon -1:30 pm
- Provide a poster illustrating your course redesign project
- Survey students in redesigned course and provide data to help us understand the impact of this institute on student learning.
How to Apply: This is the Graduate Student Application Period ONLY! Please Apply Online!